• The University of Minnesota, Morris is a public liberal
arts college and a part of the University of Minnesota system.
• We have approximately 1900 undergraduate students with
academic programs in the sciences (including major and minor programs in statistics),
social sciences, humanities, and education.
• Morris Minnesota is a rural community of about 5000 residents
located in west-central Minnesota.
• Our students typically come from smaller or mid-sized
communities in the Midwest, or from the Minneapolis – St. Paul metropolitan
area. We also have a substantial number of international students, and students
from many other states.
• The introduction to statistics course at our university
is designed as a service course for a variety of academic majors, and a way
to fulfill a quantitative general education requirement
• We typically enroll about 450 (+40 online) students in
a academic year.
• Tel Grant (GenEdWEB) 1996
• Introduction to Statistics (GenEdWEB) 1997-
• Statistics as a Discipline 1999
• Tel Grant "Creating a Vertically Integrated Technology
Enhanced Learning Environment for Statistics Curriculum" 2001-