INTRODUCTION & BACKGROUND
• The University of Minnesota, Morris is a public liberal arts college and a part of the University of Minnesota system.
• We have approximately 1900 undergraduate students with academic programs in the sciences (including major and minor programs in statistics), social sciences, humanities, and education.
• Morris Minnesota is a rural community of about 5000 residents located in west-central Minnesota.
• Our students typically come from smaller or mid-sized communities in the Midwest, or from the Minneapolis – St. Paul metropolitan area.
• UMM students come from throughout Minnesota, 29 other states and 9 countries.
• UMM maintains the highest percentage of minority students of any campus within the University of Minnesota system, at 16% of total enrollment.
• University-wide Bush Grant for Teaching and Learning: Enhancing Student Learning Through Innovative Teaching and Technology Strategies" (March 1, 2001-June 30, 2004)